Reports to: Team Leader
Hours per week: 48 hours on a rotating day and night shift (plus reasonable overtime as required)
Main Duties: Contribute to the effective running of Cormar’s tufting operation. Daily duties include tufting machine operation, yarn creeling, splicing, and other duties as from time to time directed by Team Leader / Line Manager.
Job involves: Mobility for full shift, bending, lifting moderate weights, repeatedly twisting, climbing up and down steps repeatedly.
- Operation of a tufting machine
- Contribute to achievement of organisation and department goals through completion of daily duties to required standards
- Ensure product quality is to required standards
- Flexibility to cover team and other duties as required
- Maintain agreed house-keeping standards
- Participate in, and make a positive contribution to Project Teams
- Adhere to and promote Cormar Values
- Demonstrate attitudes and behaviours which make a positive contribution to the team, department and company
- Consider safety in all aspects of work, adhere to site and department safety rules and report all instances of concern.
- Contribute to company improvement initiatives (eg. MSQ surveys, culture surveys)
- Understand how own role impacts on the organisation and department objectives
- Support Team Leader to deliver the above objectives
Skills / Qualifications:
- Ability to communicate effectively within the team and in the wider organisation
- Knowledge of how the department works and how it fits in with the rest of the organisation
- Ability to work to agreed deadlines
- IT and administration skills commensurate with effectively fulfilling the role
- NVQ level 2 in Business Improvement Techniques (desirable)
Please send applications to Carla Grant, HR Manager, Cormar Carpets, Brookhouse Mill, Greenmount, Bury BL8 4HR, or email email@example.com