Carmar Carpet Care
The key to good carpet maintenance is to avoid particles of loose dirt and dust from working their way into the carpet pile where they will act abrasively on the fibres and discolour the carpet.
- Vacuum your new carpet regularly at least two or three times a week.
- A large, strong doormat will reduce dirt from outside being spread around the house.
- Avoid where possible laying light coloured carpets next to external entrances.
- Loop pile carpets should be vacuumed with a cylinder cleaner using the suction head only.
- Cut pile carpets should be vacuumed with an upright cleaner with beater bar and brush.
Man-made fibre carpets and wool twist pile carpets should be vacuumed regularly as soon as they are laid to pick up any isolated particles.
Follow these general rules below for dealing with spillages. For more persistent or unusual stains contact a professional carpet cleaner.
- Spillages are more easily removed if tackled immediately so act promptly and blot off all the liquid stain with dry kitchen roll or a clean dry white cloth. Semi solid substances should be removed with a plastic spatula.
- To clean off any remaining stain use a clean damp cloth soaked in warm water to blot the stain. Use a dabbing action with the cloth and then blot out the remaining liquid with dry kitchen towel.
- Do not rub the pile surface of your carpet or oversoak the stain.
- Always work from the outside of the stain inwards to minimise the stain spreading.