Title: Stock Controller
Reports to: Logistics Team Leader
Based at: Brookhouse Mill
Hours per week: 40, Monday - Friday, 7.30am-3.30pm
The stock controller will be responsible for maintaining the Stock Holding Inventory and overseeing inventory audits. They will assist in maintaining a clean database and reporting on KPI’s, reporting to the Logistics Team Leader and liaising with other teams in the business.
- Identify trends adversely affecting the control of stock and its impact
- Maintain the Warehouse Management System to achieve high levels of service, and an efficient stock flow through the warehouse.
- Ensure physical accuracy of stock held is maintained at all times.
- Monitor quality control checks within all areas to ensure stock integrity at all times.
- Assist stock movement and ensure stock is available.
- Develop, control and manage the stock management function on site.
- Prepare, conduct and resolve variance investigations of Stock Counts / Uplifts, including; validating count data submitted for verification to the mainframe and liaising with external audit departments.
- Liaise with Customer Services to substantiate and resolve stockholding, documentation and supplier payment issues. Advise management of problems and shutdowns which may affect operational performance.
- Identify potential problems and seek solutions that are both cost-effective and timely.
- Compile and circulate weekly and period reports detailing results and audits conducted.
- Ensure KPI’s are met and where possible exceeded, whilst supporting, implementing and introducing innovative ideas and solutions.
- Reverse flow management to minimize product damage and stock loss.
- Provide quality technical support to the operation.
- Participate in, and make a positive contribution to Improvement Teams
- Adhere to and promote the Cormar Values
- Demonstrate attitudes and behaviours which make a positive contribution to the team, department and company
- Contribute to company improvement initiatives (eg. MSQ surveys, culture surveys)
- Understand how own role impacts on organisation and department objectives
- Support Line Manager to deliver the above objectives
- Consider safety in all aspects of work, adhere to site safety rules and report all instances of concern.
Skills / Qualifications:
- Previous experience in a distribution warehouse environment
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic, with a strong sense of attention to detail
- An excellent communicator at all levels, ability to work with site management to agree actions in achieving the plan
- Excellent analytical skills, ability to transform a forecast into a plan
- Good knowledge of warehouse management systems
- PC literate with high standard of Word, Excel and WMS
- Experience of implementing and managing processes, in line with continuous improvement
- Ability to work on their own initiative, prioritise their own workload, and adhere to specified deadlines
- A flexible approach towards working hours
Please forward applications with a covering letter to Carla Grant, HR Manager by 7th December 2018 - firstname.lastname@example.org.