Hours per week: 40 hours Monday – Thursday 7.30am-5.00pm, Friday 07.30am-12.30am
Main Duties: Responsible for the efficient production planning of both manufacturing facilities in order to achieve the order book and increase customer satisfaction. Analysis of stock holding data and other demand signals within business systems to ensure service proposition
- Evaluate demand signals generated from Master Forecast and fluctuating demand to create relevant and optimised production plan through the use of various business systems and all other related software ensuring delivery dates, lead times and required quantities are correct ensuring customer demands are fulfilled.
- Constructively challenges production constraints with operational teams in order to continuously improve delivery performance.
- Adhere to the agreed Stock Holding Policies as defined by the business.
- Escalates relevant information to stakeholders, shares the agreed measured KPIs, highlights order fulfilment gaps, details impact of proposed actions and trade-offs, ensures actions are realistic and achievable.
- Communicates with Operations and colleagues within wider Supply Chain group as appropriate to anticipate actions to ensure product availability and to exchange relevant production planning information in respect of product launches, discontinuations and promotions.
- Ensure excellent key operational relationships in all areas of the business.
- Aim to minimise the changeovers and aid increasing the efficiency of all production areas.
- Completion of relevant weekly & monthly Production Planning KPI’s.
- Ability to multi-skill and able to plan both manufacturing facilities production in order to create standardisation in the planning cycle and provide cross functional planning cover within the S&OP Team.
- Participate in, and make a positive contribution to Improvement Teams
- Adhere to and promote the Cormar Values
- Demonstrate attitudes and behaviours which make a positive contribution to the team, department and company
- Contribute to company improvement initiatives (e.g. MSQ surveys, culture surveys)
- Understand how own role impacts on organisation and department objectives
- Support Line Manager to deliver the above objectives
- Consider safety in all aspects of work, adhere to site safety rules and report all instances of concern.
- Previous experience in a planning / manufacturing environment
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic, with a strong attention to detail
- An excellent communicator at all levels, ability to work with site management to agree actions in achieving the plan
- Excellent analytical skills, ability to transform a forecast into a plan
- Good understanding of ERP systems
- Experience of Advanced Planning & Scheduling Software
- Be excited by and demonstrate an ability to learn new processes, applications and systems and desire to become a Super-User within Production Planning.
- Good knowledge of warehouse management systems
- PC literate with high standard of Microsoft packages and other relevant software
- Ability to work on their own initiative, prioritise their own workload, and adhere to specified deadlines
- A flexible approach towards working hours
Please send applications to Carla Grant, HR Manager, Cormar Carpets, Brookhouse Mill, Greenmount, Bury BL8 4HR, or email email@example.com or alternatively, please use the form below...