Title: Night Driver
Reports to: Line Manager and Team Leader/s
Based at: Brookhouse Mill / occasionally Holme Mill
Hours per week: Guaranteed 40 hours basic plus 15 hours overtime
Main Duties: Contribute to the effective running of Cormar’s distribution operation. Daily duties include trunking to our various multi depot network, using Draw Bar drop body equipment or articulated trailers, and other duties as from time to time directed by Team Leader / Line Manager.
Job Involves: Mobility for full shift, bending, lifting moderate weights repeatedly, twisting, climbing up and down steps repeatedly, driving.
- Delivering stock to Comer delivery depots
- You will be required to ensure correct completion of digital tachographs in line with legislation and company policy/procedural requirements
- Accountable for monitoring own driving hours in line with legislative requirements
- Ensure all required documentation is completed accurately and in line with legislation
- Attend any relevant training as required to ensure you remain fully equipped to perform your role effectively and to assist in the development of continuous improvement
- Be responsible for the Health and Safety of yourselves and other operatives by adhering to safe working practices and the Health & Safety at Work Act
- Report any accidents or damage
- Adhere to and promote Cormar Values
- Demonstrate attitude and behaviours which make a positive contribution to the team, department and company
- Contribute to company improvement initiatives (eg. MSQ surveys, culture surveys)
- Understand how own role impacts on organisation and department objectives
- Support Line Manager to deliver the above objectives
Skills / Qualifications:
- Must possess a valid Class C & E driving licence with qualification period
- Must be DCPC qualified
- Must hold a digital tachograph card
- Good time keeping
- Able to work unsupervised
- Must be honest, trustworthy, self motivated and enthusiastic
- Must have excellent communication skills
- A flexible approach towards working hours will be required by the operation and the customer
Some of the benefits you can expect to receive as a Night Driver are 30 days’ holiday increasing to 35 after 5 full years’ service, discretionary annual bonus, generous pension (after 3 months service), free on-site parking and a substantial discount on our ranges.
Please send applications to Carla Grant, HR Manager, Cormar Carpets, Brookhouse Mill, Greenmount, Bury BL8 4HR, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.