Title: Merchandising Administrator
Reports to: Merchandising Manager
Based at: Brookhouse Mill
Hours per week: 7 hours per week in total (3.5 hours Tuesday, 3.5 hours Thursday)
Job Purpose: The Merchandising Administrator is responsible for supporting the Merchandising Executives with the day to day running of the department, and in particular ensuring a prompt, polite and accurate response to contacts and queries from customers, retailers, consumers and suppliers, which will come to us via various mediums – e-mail, website and telephone.
- Ordering and chasing internet samples
- Responding to customer queries, whether from the website, via e-mail or via telephone in a sympathetic, empathetic, accurate and prompt manner
- Access and utilise the FAQ database in order to be able to respond to these queries
- Processing orders via the Genesis sample order system and understand the sample capping system in relation to ordering sampling
- Proofing point of sale and labels accurately and promptly
- Ordering whipping yarn as required
- Interrogate the various sampling systems in order to respond to customer and TM / RSM queries – Genius, Generality, Sapphire etc
- Liaise with and foster excellent relationships with customers and suppliers, both internal and external, including specifically Marketing and Transport.
- Understand the various sample and display types, including rebranding of sampling
- Participate in and be aware of range launch planning
- Any other duties as required by the Merchandising Manager or Marketing Director.
- Adhere to and promote the Cormar Values
- Complete regular MSQ surveys
- Cover team duties as required
- Understand how own role and KPI’s impact on organisation and department objectives
- Support manager to deliver the above
Skills / Qualifications:
- Good PC skills, especially Excel and Word
- Knowledge and experience of Cormar products and systems, especially Sapphire, is desirable although not essential
- Good communication skills in order to liaise with other departments & suppliers.
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Good telephone manner in order to deal with consumers and retailers empathetically while adhering to Cormar policies
- Ability to think creatively
- Work well under pressure
- Good numeracy skills
- Organisational and time management skills
Please send applications to Carla Grant, HR Manager, Cormar Carpets, Brookhouse Mill, Greenmount, Bury BL8 4HR, or email email@example.com.