Working at Cormar
From two manufacturing and distribution sites in Lancashire, Cormar supply a range of quality wool and polypropylene carpets to independent and multiple flooring retailers, contractors and wholesalers throughout the UK and Ireland.
We currently employ over 220 staff in a wide variety of roles, including carpet machine operatives, backing plant operatives, administration assistants, account controllers, sales representatives, marketing assistants, IT and finance experts, as well as specialists in a range of supervisory and operational roles in our warehouse and logistics departments.
The flooring industry is a competitive environment and at the heart of Cormar is desire to provide excellent customer service and value for money for our customers. A team spirit is encouraged throughout the business and all our staff are encouraged to undertake new initiatives and continuous improvement projects.
Sales Representatives Required
Exciting new sales opportunities, due to continued growth, covering the following areas:
- East Coast Scotland
- Merseyside/ M6 Corridor/ Carlisle
- South Essex A127/A12
- Central/ North & East London
- Chilterns/South Bucks/ M40 Corridor
- Hampshire/ Dorset/ South Coast
Earnings circa £45,000
Due to our continued growth we are looking for enthusiastic and committed individuals with the ability to realise the full potential of these already established areas.
Knowledge of the carpet trade is not essential, however, previous sales experience is required as applicants must be able to demonstrate a proven successful sales record.
The ideal candidates would live on territory, although this is not essential.
As a consequence we will accept applications from those who live in close proximity to the territories shown.
An above average salary and benefits package is available for the successful applicants, including basic salary plus commission on sales, company car, and pension scheme.
Please send your CV and hand written covering letter summarising your relevant skills and experience for the attention of Carla Pickford, HR Manager, Cormar Carpets, Brookhouse Mill, Greenmount, Bury, BL8 4HR
Closing date for applications: 18th June 2015
Based at Brookhouse Mill, Greenmount, the successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Producing monthly management accounts within strict timeframes
- Preparation of monthly reporting pack
- Improving the flow and quality of financial information which is available
- Provide data packs to various departments and meet with cost centre mangers to review performance
- Accruals, prepayments etc
- Reconcile bank accounts denominated in various currencies
- Prepare and input monthly journals
- Monthly stock reconciliation
- Preparation, reconciliation and submission of quarterly VAT returns
- Updating and maintaining the company’s fixed asset register
- Liaising with the company’s auditors during the annual audit
- Preparation of cash-flow forecast
- Overseeing the companies pricing system
- Ad-hoc reports
Applicants must be able to demonstrate appropriate experience and be part qualified and studying towards ACCA or CIMA. Strong IT skills including Excel are essential as is the ability to adapt skills and support and assist other areas when necessary.
Hours of work: 35 hours per week, Monday – Friday
Please forward applications including CV to Carla Pickford, HR Manager, Brookhouse Mill.
Closing date for applications is Monday 1st June 2015.