Reports to: Team Leader
Hours per week: 40 hours on a rotating day and night shift (plus reasonable overtime as required)
Main Duties: Contribute to the effective running of the HM Warehouse, fully trained, experienced and rotation through; Goods In, General FLT, Boom and Despatch. Daily duties primarily include FLT, Boom, RF gun operation, stock movements / stock-takes, PC use, other duties as from time to time directed by Team Leader and Line Manager.
In addition, you will be trained and from time to time expected to carry out the General Operator tasks; these include yarn creeling, splicing, recycling, baling, general housekeeping, running the yarn winding machines, yarn stripping machines, etc.
Job involves: Mobility for full shift, bending, lifting moderate weights, twisting, climbing up and down from FLT or steps. Operating FLT’s, Boom, and basic machinery such as winders, floor cleaners, yarn stripping machines but not Tufting machines.
- Contribute to achievement of organisation and department goals and targets through completion of daily duties to required standards/measures
- Ensure the targeted performance/completion times for creeling and splicing are measured
- Ensure product quality is to required standards
- Flexibility in covering team and other duties as required
- Maintain agreed house-keeping standards
- Participate in, and make a positive contribution to Project Teams
- Adhere to and promote Cormar Values
- Demonstrate attitude and behaviours which make a positive contribution to the team, department and company
- Consider safety in all aspects of work, adhere to site safety rules and report all instances of concern.
- Be responsible for the Health and Safety of yourselves and other operatives by adhering to safe working practices and the Health & Safety at Work Act
- Report any accidents or damage
- Contribute to company improvement initiatives (eg. MSQ surveys, culture surveys)
- Understand how own role impacts on organisation and department objectives
- Support Team Leader to deliver the above objectives
Skills / Qualifications:
- Previous FLT experience is preferred
- Successfully complete the Cormar FLT Training Package and subsequent refresher training
- Ability to communicate effectively within the team and in the wider organisation
- Knowledge of how the department works and how it fits in with the rest of the organisation
- Ability to work to agreed deadlines
- IT and administration skills commensurate with effectively fulfilling the role
Please send applications to Carla Grant, HR Manager, Cormar Carpets, Brookhouse Mill, Greenmount, Bury BL8 4HR, or email firstname.lastname@example.org